Current PMBus® Specifications
The latest published version of the Power Management Bus (PMBus) specification is revision 1.3.1; the next latest is revision 1.3.
(Older PMBus specifications — revisions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 — are long obsolete and should not be used for any purpose. For historical reference only, they are publicly available for download on the Specification Archives page.)
Download Current PMBus Specs
PMBus adopters in good standing who have registered for access can download the latest PMBus specifications by logging in and going to the Adopters Area (link near the top right corner of the web page).
PMBus adopters in good standing who have not yet registered for access can apply to register on the registration page.
Request Current PMBus Specs
Anyone can get the current PMBus specs by emailing email@example.com
- Be sure to include your request, your full name, and your company name in text in English in the body of your email.
- We will email the current PMBus specifications to you, normally before the end of the next business day.
- We will send you only the latest revision, 1.3.1, unless you request revision 1.3 too.
- We will put you on the email list for the PMBus quarterly newsletter and occasional emails, unless you request otherwise ; you can unsubscribe at any time.
Download Related PMBus Documents
To download PMBus application profiles and PMBus application notes, got to the Application Profiles & Notes page.
Download Current SMBus Spec
The latest published version of the System Management Bus (SMBus) specification (on which PMBus is based) is revision 3.1.
- System Management Bus (SMBus) Specification Version 3.1 (.pdf, 36 KB, 85 pages)
Older versions of the SMBus specification, and other SMBus documents, can be found on the SMBus Specifications page on the SMBus website.
About Current PMBus Specs
PMBus 1.3.1 includes:
- Clarifications to streamline implementation
Revision 1.3 of the PMBus specification introduced the enhanced version of PMBus with the Adaptive Voltage Scaling Bus (AVSBus™).
PMBus 1.3 includes:
- Higher speed communication to reduce latencies
- A dedicated Adaptive Voltage Scaling Bus (AVSBus™) to statically and dynamically control processor voltages
- General enhancements and improvements from 1.2
Current PMBus specifications consist of 3 parts:
- General Requirements, Transport and Electrical Interface
- Command Language
- Adaptive Voltage Scaling Bus (AVSBus™)
Presentations and articles:
- 2013-09-12 PMBus 1.3 with AVS presentation at Darnell’s Power Forum (DPF) 2013 (22 slides) (.pptx, .pdf)
- 2013-09-04 New PMBus Spec Includes Dedicated AVS Bus by Rich Pell EE Times
- 2014-03-11 PMBus 1.3 with AVS One Pager (.pdf)
Technical questions about specifications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.